You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. Newsgist-Strictly Come Dancing 2013: training clips show this could be the last tango for Dave Myers ~ News and Entertainment

Friday, November 8, 2013

Newsgist-Strictly Come Dancing 2013: training clips show this could be the last tango for Dave Myers

    Natalie Gumede and dance partner, Artem, practising their jive
  • Dance off survivor Abbey Clancy does the Charleston while Ben Cohen struggles with jive practice

  • Geting ready for their Charleston ,Natalie Gumede and dance partner, Artem, practising their jive
We're halfway through 'Strictly Come Dancing' 2013 and down to ten celebs which means there's more time for more training clips of all of them on 'It Takes Two'. And while last week's shock dance off contestant, Abbey Clancy, looks to be bouncing back with a cracking routine, I'm not sure that Dave Myers is going to make it much further with the follow up to his dull jive in Hallowe'en week. In week seven of SCD 2013, the training videos show everyone is upping their entertainment content and Dave's got a lot of competition for the 'just made me smile' vote. Here are my predictions for Strictly as we reach the midway point.

Looking good in training
I'm expecting great things from Ashley Taylor Dawson who looks super fast on his feet in training for his quickstep to Jet. Patrick Robinson also looks great in practice for his American Smooth to Harry Connick Jnr but as he's still recovering from an arm injury, I can't be the only one worried about those all important lifts. And Sophie Ellis Bextor also looks pretty dancefloor ready with her Argentine Tango to Tanghetto's version of 'Sweet Dreams' - she's the first celeb this year to tackle this particular routine.
Perfect scorers
I wouldn't be at all surprised at tens from the judges for Abbey Clancy who is dancing a Charleston to music from Cabaret and looks to be on great form after her dance off shock. I think Natalie Gumede might grab another perfect score for her Tina Turner inspired jive to 'Proud Mary' (fab silver dress as well). But I reckon Susanna Reid is in with a shout of a ten as well for her waltz to Whitney Houston's 'You Light Up My Life'. It already looks pretty perfect in practice - I think she'll be there in the fight to top the leaderboard.
Sinking stars
I'm hoping Mark Benton is back on top entertaining form this week with his James Bond theme rumba to 'Goldfinger' although from the look of his training video, he's not planning on moving that much. But Ben Cohen should be worried as his jive looks pretty scrappy in rehearsal. He's dancing to Jump, Jive an' Wail by the Burn the Floor Orchestra but I'm not seeing too much jiving and quite a lot of jumping around at the moment. I reckon he's an outside shout for the dance off this week.
End of the road for Dave?
But my tips for the bottom two this week are Fiona Fullerton and Dave Myers. Fiona has the paso doble and I think she's just too sedate on the dancefloor to pull this one off especially as she's got Blur's Song 2 as her music. As for Dave Myers, I'm all for the entertaining celebs staying in but I just don't think Dave is that entertaining any more. This week he's dancing a tango to The Proclaimers (I'm Gonna Be) and dance partner, Karen Hauer, will be wearing a tartan dress. A few weeks ago I would have thought that a guaranteed bring the house down moment but he looks really slow in training and I'm not sure his tango can save him. The midway point might be the moment he loses his title of 'People's Champion'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment