You could put your verification ID in a comment Or, in its own meta tag Or, as one of your keywords Your content is here. The verification ID will NOT be detected if you put it here. Liverpool manager wanted me at Chelsea – Moses ~ News and Entertainment

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Liverpool manager wanted me at Chelsea – Moses

Liverpool’s on-loan forward Victor Moses very nearly became a Chelsea player more than five years before actually making the move to Stamford Bridge. Moses was an academy product at Crystal Palace in the previous decade and made his Premier League debut with the Eagles. It was the same time that his current Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was youth team manager under Jose Mourinho at Chelsea. Rodgers became an admirer of Moses’ talents, and the 22-year-old admitted he was being wooed for a switch after just a few sessions with the Blues. Moses eventually joined Chelsea in 2012. “I spoke to (Rodgers) when I was 16 and he wanted me to come to Chelsea, the Nigeria winger told Liverpool’s official site. “So I trained with the club for a bit and he was impressed. “I went back home after the training period, had a little think about it and thought I’d get a bigger chance to play and develop at Palace.
“So I rang him up and said I was sorry, but that I decided not to join them, and that I wanted to build my career from Palace. “It’s great actually that I eventually move to Liverpool and he’s the manager here and I get the chance to work under him.” Moses is on a season-long loan at Liverpool and, ironically, scored on his Reds debut for Rodgers’ against ex-club Swansea City – his only goal so far – in a 2-2 draw last month. Meanwhile, Moses says Liverpool want to push for silverware after an impressive start to the season. The 22-year-old has been ever-present in Rodgers’ side since completing a season-long loan move from Chelsea in the summer transfer window. “I’m just here to do my best for Liverpool, there’s no question about that,” Moses told KICK OFF. “It’s a massive club with great history and so I just want to add to that. We’d like to push for trophies this season, so I’m just going to help the team with that aim.” “We’ve got a really great squad here, with quality players and I’m honoured to be part of it.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment